Wednesday, May 21, 2008

#29

If I kept my blog as up-to-date as I do my flickr page, I'd...be a different person. I'm a very visual person, so updating pictures is not difficult for me. And I take pictures pretty much every day, so I've always got the visual part covered. Writing, however doesn't come as easily to me. Add to that the heck and peck way I type and you've got the recipe for infrequent blog updates.
Be that as it may, here I am putting virtual pen to paper and sharing with you some exciting news. I've had to keep mum about this for several months, but now that the book's been published, I figure I can post about it.


I am very excited to have four of my designs included in Stefani Girard's Sweater Surgery. Like the title implies this book is all about crafting with recycled sweaters felted or otherwise.


My projects are scattered throughout the book.


I even have a two page spread in the gallery section.


Best of all though, my patchwork keyhole scarf is one of the projects featured in this book. It is kind of amazing to me how the editor condensed my lengthy instructions into 4 easy steps. But, they're really all you need to know to make the scarf. There are several other projects that caught my eye, but, considering that the summer heat has already started here in Austin, I probably won't be taking on any sweater projects right now.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw these pics on your flickr, and had to slap my hand to keep it from buying the book instantly. It's on my list to purchase when I have the money! Congratulations, hon. You deserve it!! You are so inspiring!

jacquie said...

Congratulations Malka...your projects could be a book on all their own! Love your work!

Roxanne said...

Great recognition for fine work. Congratulations!

Tara said...

Congratulations!
Can't wait to get the book!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being featured in the book. That's fantastic!

Sarah said...

Whee congratulations! What a rush to see your stuff in print. I will be visiting a bookstore tonight and will look for this.

Kathryn Laughton said...

Devilishly well done, Malka! I knew you were up to something, and they are fantastic projects. Congrats.

Cindra said...

congratulations! Your projects look awesome!

susan said...

that's great! i always look forward to whatever you are working on, especially the dyed stuff. always good to get ones work published, lets ya know you are diffenately doing something good.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's so neat. I'll definitely have to pick up a copy.

StitchLuva and Yarn said...

congrats girl. i agree with jacquie your work could be a book all on it's own. you are all kinds of inspiring.

Kathy York said...

Malka,
BIG CONGRATS! The book looks really interesting. I love the purse designs you have done here, and others of yours I have seen. You inspire me!

Kathy York

Lisa said...

wow! that's great! congratulations!

Cynthia said...

i am not surprised at all that you your designs are in somebody's book. your talent is WAY up there. congrats!

Marla said...

Very exciting to see your own work in print! Congratulations. I found your blog through a link, through a link, through a link! Glad I did. Waving to you from Corpus Christi!

Lorie McCown said...

I feel the same way about the words. No awards for writing to me! Your work is lovely., and congrats on the book

Berlinswhimsy said...

Wow, congratulations! I can't wait to see this book!