Thursday, November 5, 2009

Outtakes and Other Stuff

Outtakes:

Before I get to the other stuff, I thought I'd post a few of the photographs that didn't make it into the book. I had the opportunity to shoot most of the pictures in the book. A very talented photographer, Gregory Case, shot the images of the actual projects, but I was lucky enough to photograph all the step-by-step and "romance" shots.





I obviously shot lots of pictures of fabric as well as images meant to help the reader find inspiration for their own pattern and color choices.





And just plain process shots.



My youngest was my hand model. Doesn't she have cute fingers?

Other Stuff:

The other stuff is really only one thing. Lark Books is sponsoring a quilting contest and they've asked me to help promote it as well as to function as one of the judges. All the information you need to participate in the contest can be found if you click on the link in the side bar. The contest sounds like a lot of fun and they're giving away some fabulous prizes. Just between you and me, I'm also giving a little something extra to the person who wins in the "Best Use of Hand Dyed/Altered Fabrics" category.
So, take a minute and check that out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved the picture of the buttons on the glass table. The textures & colors caught my eye. Yummy!

Leah said...

great photos!! and i love your header photo with the clothesline and the beautiful fabrics. very cool. i surfed into your blog, i'll have to look around. and definitely your book looks awesome - congrats! i'll check it out.