Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Power of the Flower

Proof positive that eventually everything gets finished.
I don't even know how many months ago I posted a picture of this quilt top, but it wasn't yesterday I'm pretty sure. It's not that the quilting was difficult or even the binding. And, for those of you who don't believe me, I'm telling you, the bias binding on this shaped piece was not particularly complicated. It's just that the top got put on the back burner and was a wee bit forgotten. But, I have plans for this quilt and several more and variations of this quilt and several more, so finish it I must.
For those who are interested in the details, the quilt measures about 47" in the diagonal and was machine pieced and quilted.
This design first appeared as these in last year's Quilting Arts Gifts issue.

6 comments:

Anya said...

Is there any way to still get this pattern? I'd love to make a throw quilt-rug for my daughter's room. I love your version.

Danih03 said...

OMG! It's beautiful! It would be an awesome play mat for a little baby girl!!! Or great wall art! So pretty!

Danih03 said...

did you dye those fabrics? they are so vibrant!!

Mandy said...

I love it, so pretty.

Traci said...

Wowza! That is so impressive and beautiful!

em's scrapbag said...

Love it! The nontraditional size, the bold colors, the quilting, it's a great quilt.