Wednesday, March 26, 2008

#19

If you spend your time writing instructions of any kind, I have a new found respect for you. I've spent the better part of March working on a project that required me to sew some stuff(I don't think I'm supposed to be more specific than that), a process I'm very comfortable with and enjoy, and then explain how I sewed that stuff. It's the second part that filled me with dread. But I did it and it feels so good to be on the other end of this project. I will admit however that last night my dreams were all about writing instructions. I'm hoping for something a little more interesting tonight.
Anyway, I'm feeling a little depleted as far as writing goes, so I'll focus on pictures.
I always seem to find the time to make new fabric. I think it's because it's an easy creative outlet. I don't really have to think a lot while I'm applying wax to fabric.


I finished this mini quilt before the crunch of this month began, but I just recently installed one of those hanging wires. I've really enjoyed looking at this quilt against the backdrop of my much-loved green bedroom wall. I may even make a bed sized quilt based on this design.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful quilt! A bed-sized version would be exquisite. Boy oh boy, do I understand about the instruction writing! it's the bane of my life.

susan said...

like the little quilt and love your fabric

Anonymous said...

The quilt is just beautiful! You make the most gorgeous things!

jacquie said...

Yours will be the first etsy store I visit when the job situation is stabilized at our house. I do love your fabric. Simply beautiful!!!

Jen said...

Ooh, instructions are hard to write, but hey, your fabric is lovely and the little quilt is gorgeous. So clean with all that white!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous fabrics! And the quilt is beautiful hanging on that wall!

Berlinswhimsy said...

Wow, I love that little quilt against the green!

Yes, I know what you mean about instructions. I have tried to write some tutorials and I take for granted so many steps that others might not understand.

I look forward to hearing what this project is!;-)

Kristin L said...

Good for you for working outside your comfort zone and best of luck on the project! I love the little quilt -- the near-matching white backgrounds on the fabrics make a very simple design so wonderfully fresh and abstract. A Bed sized version would be gorgeous!!

Tine Hohl said...

I really like your stuff an this green wall as background.
Beautifull quilt - dickes Lob von mir!

bettyninja said...

I love your mini quilt. I know that I have told you before, but it is amazing. The hanger is quite perfect for it and even the paint of the walls compliments it.

I think my next project is to try some fabric making and I hope to track down a copy of the book you mentioned in a previous post.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing your project. Can't wait to hear what it is about when the time comes.

I love your patterned fabric. The one looks like it has beans on it. Fun to work with I bet!

sqrl said...

absolutely beautiful mini quilt.

Anonymous said...

thanks to kathy mack from pink chalk studio, i found your blog this morning and i'm breathless! everything you do is so beautiful and i am so inspired by everything you've done over this past year! congrats on your fabric dyeing, patchwork pieces, quilts, clothing........ i love it all!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Very creative!That's actually really cool
天空之城裡看馬達加斯加激動之餘與女友做愛徵信社隨意自拍此時跟徵信社人員在聊天室裡討論情色內容的正妹牆如何變成AV女優可是徵信社將我們色情照片放在成人圖片區的這部落格隨意的舉動被徵信社翻拍成a片異界裡的部落格徵信社人員做徵信社經營的ut聊天室人氣爆增的人氣部落格有空來參觀
Thanks!