Saturday, April 30, 2011

Blogger's Pillow Party

As I mentioned a few posts back, it's been my privilege this past month to be the judge for Blogger's Pillow Party hosted by the colorful and talented Rachel over at Stitched in Color. In keeping with the rules of this particular game I'm supposed to announce the winning pillow and feature it on my blog before the end of the month. Guess what? April is so missing a day, but despite that I'm ready to fulfill all my psuedo-contractual obligations and will not have to hand over my judge's tiara.
Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present Lemonade by Erica:
First off, I want to say there were quite a few super-lovely pillows this month at Blogger's Pillow party, so the decision was not an easy one. What I enjoyed about Erica's creation was its simplicity and use of intense colors. I like the way she varied the placement of her strips and that she threw in a surprise square to keep the composition interesting.
Well done, Erica and thanks Rachel for asking me to be April's judge.

8 comments:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Loving the pillow here in Sunny CAliforn-eye-AAA. What a cool way to change it up with the pink square; truly spectacular.

Siobhan Rogers said...

Great Pick! colour scheme is spot on

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Congrats Erica, a fabulous cushion!

jednoiglec said...

Congrats Erica! You've created lovely pillow!

cinzia said...

that was my pick too!congrats to Erica!

StuffandThings said...

Well done Erica! Also thanks to Rachel for the Pillow Party. It has been a treat seeing all the pillows in one place!

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

Thanks so much Malka, and everyone else for your kind words! :) It feels awesome to win. :)

Shocking Hocking said...

Congrats Erica - well worthy of the win.....and thanks also to Malka and Rachel for generously giving their time and effort to the Pillow Party - cheers.