Friday, May 17, 2013

A Wee Bit of Mini Mania

Ok, two quilts doesn't exactly constitute mania, but I am having a lot of fun making these mini quilts. The one I'm featuring today is just a smaller version of this quilt.
I was sorting through a pile the other day and found 5 of these unused center hexagons.
I love combining dyed pieces into patchwork. There's something that makes me feel strangely clever about making something look like its sewn when it's not. Maybe, I've always secretly wanted to be a magician, but lack the white rabbit. 
Anyway, this mini, like the maxi version, was made using the templates and instructions for the Modern Baby Quilt that I designed for my book.
At 27"x 23" it's not exactly the miniest of minis, but I don't think it's large enough to be called a baby quilt. When I was a little girl I had a doll that was supposed to be as big as I was. She wasn't quite, but she was probably at least 18" tall. She'd like this quilt...if she was human...and I had any idea where she was. 
As I write, this is what I'm looking at. Don't they look good together? 

PS. I wanted to add this link for those of you interested in helping Kathreen Ricketson's children. A fund has been set up for them in Australia. Click here for more information.

1 comment:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

They look fabulous together; I love them both.