Monday, February 18, 2008

#12

There are several places in my house that are light filled and walking by those spots always puts a smile on my face. One of those spots is my bedroom. It's an east facing room and by 9 in the morning it is bathed in light. It is, without a doubt, my favorite place to be on a weekend morning.
As the sun moves across the sky, my studio space captures that light.


I'm often not in it at that time of the day, but when I walk past this particular window, I find myself saying something like,"Oh my." I really enjoy that quality that light has when it completely enfolds a space.
The other day, as I was awed by the noon light, it struck me that the two pillow tops on my design wall "went" together. I hadn't really planned them as a set, but they seemed to be coming together that way. So, I decided to finish them in similar ways by backing both with graphic black and white fabrics and closing those backs with similar vintage buttons.


Then, I waited until around 9 the next morning and took pictures of the pair in the sunlight that filled that other favorite place.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your work so much. These are beautiful!

Kirsten said...

I'm curious about your design wall. What is it made out of?

I love these new 2. Will they be offered on etsy?

You are such an inspiration. Thanks for that.

Malka Dubrawsky said...

Hi Kristen,
I actually have two design walls. One is made out of homosote the other is made out of styrofoam. Both are covered with felt and are nailed to the wall.
About the pillows, they were on my etsy store, but have already sold.I'll be making more very soon and adding them to my shop.
Thanks for your nice comments.

The Calico Cat said...

You quilted pillows are so inspirational...

Anonymous said...

I followed the link from Sew, Mama, Sew! You have a beautiful blog here and you are incredibly talented!

Hooray for homschool moms! :o)

the pesky bombolino said...

I'm just visiting from sew mama sew and have to say these cushions are just beautiful. In a world full of quilts, your work stands out for it's fabulous colour.

Kate said...

Also wandered over from sew mama sew, I just love your twinkle quilt and the process you use on your fabrics, and your blog is just lovely. Thanks for all the inspiration!

the rabbi's wife said...

Malka-
Your work is amazing! I live in Jerusalem and am having a very hard time finding vintage buttons for my projects (headbands for babies). Would you contact me about possibly buying some?
Thanks!
Ahava
rabbiswife@gmail.com

Misty said...

I came to your blog via Sew Mama Sew after seeing the lovely little quilt you made there, which they had featured. I loved the quilt and thought that your description of how you made it was fascinating and very creative.

Your blog is fantastic and inspiring! Thanks for sharing all the beautiful projects you have been working on (I especially love the pillows).

Anonymous said...

The colors in these photos are amazing! I love your quilting, it's beautiful!

Lisa said...

i always enjoy reading your blog and am in awe of your art. I just read the SEw Mama Sew post on your work. Could you recommend some good reading on dyeing fabric etc?
thanks!

bettyninja said...

These two pillow tops are great. I intended to write and tell you how much I love the circle one, but I also realized I love the square one too! Such nice work.

Anonymous said...

Again your work is beautiful...

Charlene Teo said...

Just found your blog. It's full of lovely stuff, loved!

Anonymous said...

Positively gorgeous use of color! It's so very inspiring....I found you on Etsy. Nice work!!

Tine said...

Your work is amazing! I love the coasters and the cakestand :-) I also adore the dotted pillow in this post!! Will defiantely be back...