Sunday, February 24, 2008

#14

You know the expression, "Put that in your pipe and smoke it," well, because of another hand-me down from Great Aunt Irma, I've got some actual pipes.


I don't plan on smoking anything, either in these pipes or otherwise, but I do enjoy looking at them.


Now, as liberated as Irma was, she was not the kind of woman that would smoke a pipe. Rather, these pipes belonged to her husband, Chester. Needless to say, it's been decades since they had any tobacco in them.


I think they're beautiful and I love the variety of pipes Chester collected.


And, I love that Irma kept them even though Chester preceded her in death.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I do love your blog - thanks for all of the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

They are all quite lovely. I miss the smell of my Grandpa smoking a pipe.