I'm on my own this weekend as everyone in my family is either swimming in a meet or facilitating the act of swimming in a meet. That's given me an extra few minutes to finish up some projects and even jot down a thought or two.
This week I finished a large fabric order and sent it off. The perfectionist in me really came out in this order. I was actually completely out of white cotton when this order came in, but figured I'd go down to Joann's and buy some. I always use pima cotton for my dye work because it has such a high thread count. This dense weave allows the dye to really soak in and makes the fabric easy to boil out. Well, I thought I'd try a different kind of cotton and ended up having to redo the entire order. All 14 pieces. The colors just didn't shimmer on the surface and the wax wasn't going to be budged. I'm happy with how the fabric eventually came out after I went back to the store and bought pima cotton. But I wish the process had gone a little more smoothly.
I added some items to my shop this week. Some are similar to things I've made in the past, but with a new twist.
This pillow is based on the same baby quilt as some other recent pillows, but the focus is on a single square rather than multiple squares.
And this pillow is similar to others where I've used my hand dyed and batik fabric as whole cloth tops. This one just features a different color way.
I've made coasters before, but it's been a while and, despite the snow(that's if you can call a few tiny flurries, snow), I'm feeling very spring-like today.
There is one really new item in my shop, though again, it's not completely new, it's more of a variation.
I wanted to call these "Bundle O'stitch in dye Fabric", but the Etsy listing process wouldn't let me. So, I've stuck to proper English and entitled these packs,"Bundle of...." Anyway they are 5x5" squares of a variety of fabrics. Each pack has 18 squares and is just waiting for assembly into something fabulous. Best of all, no batteries are required.