Friday, September 12, 2008

Blog Pictures

You want to hear something funny? Not funny, ha-ha, but funny, strange. I organize all of my pictures in one folder labeled "blog pictures". Now that in and of itself isn't so strange. What's odd is that most of the pictures that I designate for my blog don't usually end up there. They go over to flickr or my etsy store, but not all that many make an appearance here. At this point I should probably vow to turn over a new leaf and change my neglectful ways, but I know myself better than that. I'll just have to chalk this up as one of my many faults and turn to other things.
Like this:


I've been making hand dyed and batiked camera straps. These are so fun and easy and fun and quick and fun to make.


That last one is reversible. I guess technically they all are, but the others are the same on both sides and this one isn't. They're all adjustable because I bought these cute little ladder locks.


It took me a few minutes to figure exactly how to attach them, but I think I have the hang of it. One thing I should make note of in the future is that anything that needs to be used in pairs should be purchased in even amounts. Next time I won't buy 25.

9 comments:

jacquie said...

when i first saw the picture i thought they were bookmarks, but i love them even better as camera straps. with one of those i'd be proud to wear my camera around my neck.

Anonymous said...

I am so going to copy you on this! Thanks for the inspiration.

Kristen said...

OMG I LOVE them!! you made me laugh about the odd number - something I would TOTALLY do too!

Alix said...

I love the customising of camera straps. Yes I would do exactly the same and order an odd number. But NO, don't make another mistake, because this time the right choice would be to order an ODD number; to find the pair for the currently single buckle! ;-)
Ps king Size twinkle (it does sound a little rude, no?) is phenomenal

susan said...

i love the plate the straps are resting on, very delicate. the straps are fun.

Tamara said...

I get that this is probably ridiculous to comment on... because you make such beautiful colourful things; but I have to say I love the colour of the background wall! T x

jude said...

well nobody is perfect.

Anonymous said...

I ABSOLUTELY love these! What a great idea! Very very clever, never cease to wow me!

Anonymous said...

as soon as i get my check i'm ordering one of these. sure, i could probably make something, but. i just love your work, so it'll be a special treat for me.
i'd get the pillowcase too if i could. i just love that.