Tuesday, September 13, 2011

a stitch in color :: preview project #5

At least I think it's #5. I'm working on a new computer and nothing automatically comes up. I was just browsing Amazon when I realized that I was being asked to sign in because the page doesn't recognize me from this computer. I feel strangely anonymous.
Thank goodness I'm not anonymous to you all. At least I hope not.
Anonymity or not, I've got another a stitch in color project to show off today.
I've made this simple pillow design numerous times with my hand dyed fabrics and thought it would be fun to recreate.
Once again, I was blown away by the intensity of color and the similarity to the original hand dyes that the folks at Moda managed to get into these commercial prints.
I also love that this line has so many prints in it. I love mixing different colors and patterns together (probably not a huge revelation there) and I feel like I've got so many options. It's definitely the way I like to work.
For those of you who've emailed me and asked about the public release of these fabrics: they will be available in stores and online in January of 2012. All the projects that I have and will show are destined for Quilt Market in Houston at the end of October. That's when the official industry-wide preview happens.
I'll fill you all in on a little secret: I'm super excited to work with these fabrics, but I'm even more excited to see what you all make with them. I know I"ll be amazed.

10 comments:

suzanengler said...

Awwwww, I have to wait until Jan 2012? I'm anxious to make something with your new fabrics!

Handpicked said...

sell this to me please

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

I am so glad I told my favorite online fabric store about this line. She has ordered it and I have already been dreaming of projects to make with it. I think this is my most anticipated fabric, ever!

Rach said...

Lovely work, I've only made a couple of quilts (with help) but your blog is one of the ones inspiring me to dive in!

Anonymous said...

I am planning to get every fabric in every color possible. Can't wait. Have never seen a line that I wanted everything before.

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

And it looks absolutely fabulous in your new fabrics, Malka! So enjoying these preview projects.

Fran said...

Beautiful fabrics ! Can't wait 'til I can get some !
And your projects sure do make them even more
enticing ! January is sooooooo far away !!!!

jane eileen said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I am going to seriously try to appreciate every single day between now and January 2012, but the the day your Moda fabrics meet the cash register, I'll be the one in line with a big smile, that is, if you'll be able to tell me apart from the others probably pretty much looking the same way.

Denise said...

Oh I just LOVE the fabrics they are so bold and vibrant. Beautiful

Sharon Rotz said...

The colors and patterns of these fabric are fabulous. Great projects.