Sunday, July 14, 2013

I went all the way to Baltimore to answer your questions

Uh, not really. I'm here in Baltimore, though, right this second I'm hanging out with my nieces in Silver Spring, to teach two days worth of dyeing with wax resist classes.
I am, however, going to answer the questions I mentioned in my last post.
Several of you have asked about the a stitch in color bundles I sold a couple weeks back in the midst of my move. I'm planning on making more of those, though I don't know how many when I get back on Monday. Look for those in my shop on Thursday. One caveat though, I'm going to have to restrict shipping of those bundles to US only. It was so, so expensive to ship them overseas. I'm sorry to disappoint anyone, but a girl's gotta make a living.
Another recently posted question regards my sewing table. It's not custom built, but rather made by Arrow Olivia. Here's a link to it on Amazon, though I purchased mine at a local quilt store.

As for my recent teaching adventures. Well, they included two, one-day dye and patterning workshops, some of which were taught in a Yurt, and the opportunity to meet lots of terrific folks and, maybe best of all, capture those moments both as still and video images.
The first workshop was hosted by the Faithful Circle Quilt Guild and held in Deborah Gabel's amazing garage studio.
Day two involved a drive into the heart of Baltimore.
This workshop was hosted by the Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild and was held in an incredible, eclectic space. Actually, two spaces. One of which was this Yurt.
Both days yielded wonderful fabrics and fun, creative people willing to try new techniques.
...including Deb here who stamped some of her fabric with a daikon radish her husband harvested from their garden.
I made several short instagram movies during the class and am happy to say that all who participated were good sports and fun to work with. If you'd like to view those, follow the link in the top right-hand part of the page and check them out there.
Bonus: if you do, you too can watch Heather's video and learn the secret handshake.

3 comments:

Angela said...

I'd love to know if you ever teach any workshops in Austin.

PrairiePeasant said...

I'm surprised you would leave out shipping to other countries. I'm from Canada, and Canada post is more expensive than USPS. However, in my etsy shop I put the actual cost of shipping, and if people want the item, they are willing to pay the shipping. It's not a loss to you, it's an expense to the buyer. I have had many international buyers as a result.

Jessie said...

I had so much fun learning from you in a yurt! My fabrics are boiled/washed/dried and ready to be pieced into a tote bag at this weekend's DCMQG sew-in!
Thanks for making the trek up to the Mid-Atlantic!