Monday, January 29, 2007

Resolved

So I resolved that this year I would document everything I make. That's never been a problem(well, almost never) with my quilts because I've been good about taking slides or digital images of them. The same can not be said about other stuff I've made. A lot of these things are made as gifts, usually finished at the last minute, and photographing them is really an afterthought. Well, it's a new year and I love New Year's resolutions. I also love the idea of being able to look back at the end of this year and feel good about my output. So, here are the things I've made so far this year:
I made these leg warmers for myself. We don't have an abundance of days here in Austin where leg warmers can make a huge difference in how you feel, but these were the first things I've made myself in a long time and I'm happy to have them.OK. Apparently, I've been feeling pretty neglected because the leg warmers didn't quite assuage the feeling that I wanted to make stuff for myself, so I knit these socks as well. I used some Regia self-striping yarn I've had for what seems like forever, but, I'm so enjoying wearing these socks.I made this sham for Sarah. It matches the quilt I made her a couple of years ago. She's been asking me for a matching sham for a quite a while now, so she's pretty happy that I finally finished this. I was hoping it would inspire her to keep her room neater, but so far it doesn't seem to have done the trick.

No comments: