Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Bit of a Pickle

So I have a bit of a dilemma today. And when I say dilemma, I like to pronounce it Die-lem-ah. Why? I don't know. I just like to play around with word pronunciations. It's sort of my recurring joke; the same way my husband always responds to requests like, "Could you please make me a cup of coffee?" by pointing his finger and saying," Poof! You're a cup of coffee." Yeah, that could get annoying, but that's his little joke and I like it.
Anyway, my dilemma (remember the pronunciation) is whether to post a new little story or tidbit for which I don't have any pretty pictures or to just update you all on my crafty endeavors over the past week.



On the one hand I do have a few funny/mildly neurotic stories to tell, but on the other hand I have taken some lovely shots of new work.



The only thing that keeps me from going whole hog into update mode is that the work I've photographed these past days is not complete and/or not something totally brand new that I've never shown before.



I could solve my problem by posting the pictures and telling the stories despite their total lack of connection, but that's like walking and chewing gum and I'm not good at that.



So, I think you see my quandary.



Let me know if you have a solution and, in the meantime, could you please make me a cup of coffee?

21 comments:

One Shabby Chick said...

Ha - I love that..I'm using it on my husband next time he asks me that! And we enjoy hearing/seeing anything you do :-)

thea said...

As a blog reader, I love both pictures and stories so I'm happy either way .. not much help.

Meghan said...

I am in love with the zig-zag quilting in that second photo. Amazing.

Oh, and my solution to your dilemma: I say post the pictures with your story (even if they don't "go together") — the best of both worlds!

Andi said...

Poof .... (you know the rest)

Kristin L said...

Shoot, Andi beat me to the "Poof!"

Cindy said...

I love the last pillow you showed. The colors are so vibrant. I also love the red dotted binding. Very nice.

Amy said...

Hysterical! My husband does the SAME THING! "Could you make me [insert any noun here]?" always gets the "Poof! You're [that noun]!" I had no idea anyone else did this over and over and over, except maybe an 8-year old! :)

Kris said...

Isn't there something you'd rather be than coffee? I love the photos no matter how you show them!

Unknown said...

Hmmm...new little story...I'm already curious!

The Calico Cat said...

Start with the story (as long as it does not start - "So we started to clean for Pesach...") & follow it up with photos. or vice -versa like those old childrens notebooks with half the page available for pictures & the other half ready for writing.

A Peppermint Penguin said...

Delurking to say Hi - love the blog.

My dad always used to ask for 'a wee cup of tea' so one day mum served it to him in an egg cup.

Semantic vertigo Lynn Truss called it - taking things literally in a very silly way. It's infectious once you start. "I'm going to turn down the bed." "why, WHAT did it ask you?"

Story please.

Cheers,
AJ

Robyn said...

Love your blog! I say go for it and post it all...wonky, neurotic, beautiful, whatever...it makes you "real"...not that you're not. Ack. You know what I mean.
Happy I found your site. I'm a fellow Austinite :D

trentsky said...

Here's another: Now that we don't have little babies, I don't get to use it anymore so I guess we'll just have to wait for grandbabies...

At bedtime I used to say I was going to put the baby down and then follow that up with some silly put down like, "You miserable little baby!"

Hrm... seeing it in writing makes it sound kind of bad. But trust me, it was funny! :)

Lasso the Moon said...

Tell the story up front, and end with the pictures. Love your work.
Anna

Anonymous said...

ooooooooh! Love that pillow!
Bradie

Janet said...

I love wandering with you through your thoughts with visuals to boot.

Mary Keasler said...

Being a bit on the a.d.d side, I can not see a problem with incorporating mildly funny/albeit neurotic stories on the same page. Keeps us all alert.

Angela Flicker: The Art of Making a House a Home in Utah said...

I love your pillows. I need to learn to machine quilt and thought about starting with a pillow.

Concerning your dilemma, I would love to see you craft a story about two completely different stories all in one, like walking and chewing gum, I think it would be a riot.

HollyM said...

Love the pictures! The colors are yummy and the graphics are striking.

LadyV said...

I would like to know the story that goes with those wonderful pics.

My hubby always talks (proudly) about all the hobbies I have so once when I asked "can you make me a cup of coffee?" He replied "I can't because I'm not as crafty as you are." I know, corny, but he's cute and it made me smile.

Alice - Wedding Rings said...

Really wonderful story..I just think it is sweet and all. :)
I can see that being crafty and having a good story to tell almost always go together.