Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Porch Upstairs

We're lucky enough to have both a downstairs and an upstairs porch. At our old place, we had a porch(just one) and a terrific porch swing that we had painted purple. When we moved to our new house a couple of years ago, I thought it would be fun if we had a swing in the upstairs porch. My idea initially met with a little resistance, but, eventually, we bought a swing, painted it purple and hung a swing in the upstairs porch. It is magical to sit there on a weekend morning and look out to the street or just read the paper.
Yesterday, I decided to take pictures of some of the fabric I've been making lately and the upstairs porch seemed just the right spot to lay out my stuff.Here's Abi proving that the swing does actually work. The fabric on the table is some new batiked stuff that I'd just boiled out.We put this wonderfully weathered teak bench on the porch as well. That way, there's enough room for the whole family up there(though that rarely happens). I love the way the gray in the bench looks with these batiked and dyed fabrics.

2 comments:

Kristin L said...

Love the swirlies! I'm so excited because I can finally leave a comment (forgot my new Blogger/Google username). I keep coming back to look at your shibori discharged circles....

Malka Dubrawsky said...

Thanks Kristin. I'm hoping to finish the circles quilt in the next few weeks. Discharging and over dyeing those circles seems to be a slow process.