Tuesday, January 31, 2012

30-Day Challenge:: Le Dejeuner en Blanc

Yes, I know. I've got chutzpah making this post part of my 30-day challenge when I haven't posted for a week. Well I do have chutzpah, no doubt about that.
These are images from an event I attended this past weekend called Le Dejeuner en Blanc. It was described as a flash mob lunch in white and was masterminded by one very clever gal who I'd never met before. I was invited as someone's guest, but the locale of the lunch was a secret to everyone but the coordinator until the very last minute.
What we were told was that we were to dress in all white, bring tables, chairs, food, wine, and flowers, meet at a specific address and await further instructions. Once gathered at that address, our table head received a text letting him know where we were to proceed to set up our table and begin the lunch.
It was fabulously orchestrated, unique, and just so much fun.
It turns out the woman who masterminded it was celebrating her birthday, wanted to do something unusual, but didn't want to make the event exclusively about her birthday. It was brilliant!

7 comments:

Kit Lang said...

What a cool idea! I think I may do something like that for my upcoming 50th birthday!

Barbara said...

Neat idea. Looks like so much fun. I just wanted you to know I ordered some of your fabric...a 1/2 yd bundle. I loved it so much I had to order more in full yards. I decided i am going to use the fabric for me...I am not going to give my projects away as I do...love it so much. Thanks!

Pétra said...

That sounds like so much fun!ek

carol said...

What a fun time! I must remember this for some special occasion.

Lily said...

Looks beautiful! And I love the idea of an easy going birthday dinner.

Patricia Lessell said...

What a GREAT idea. And you don't have chutzpah at all. It's my 65th this year and I would love to copy her but who knows what the weather will be like here in the U.K. But still a truly inspirational idea.

Cheryl Arkison said...

So cool! And you look gorgeous!