Friday, January 20, 2012

30-Day Challenge:: Noticing

It's short and, hopefully, sweet today folks because, sometimes, when you stop talking, writing, and thinking and start doing, you might just see something quite beautiful.
I was doing something as mundane as pulling fabric out of a discharge bath when I noticed how amazing it looked doubled up so that the pattern from the other half seemed to form a ghost image and the light from outside filtered through the fabric. I'm not going to pretend that I have my camera ever-present to record these kinds of images, but it was certainly nearby and knew grabbing it and shooting a few frames was worth the effort.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That is very cool. Thank you for sharing and congratulations on the success of your first Moda fabric line.

zarina said...

I too love the look. many possibility there but first I need to get your book in my hands (shipping being delayed due to the long Chinese New Year break next week).

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

fabulous. Would be an interesting "transparency" quilt, a la Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr.

Aliceart said...

So beautiful, thanks for sharing that image. You are right, noticing takes stillness.

Lori said...

Malka, where can we buy your fabric?

MeredithJean said...

A true artist has their eye open to beauty at all times. Well done for capturing and sharing it this time. I suspect at the end of our lives, of the traditional 5 senses we will think that we loved our sight the best.

Lily said...

Looks beautiful!