Saturday, January 7, 2012

30-Day Challenge:: More Sampling, the Knotted Kind

Or should I say the knitted kind. Along with sewing and sewing technique classes at Stitch Lab, I've also started teaching some knitting classes. Some of those are temporary as the fabulous gal who usually teaches them just had a baby, so I'm just subbing. But I've also proposed several projects based classes for the folks who've taken the "how-to" class and want to apply their knowledge to a specific project. Seeing as all the people in the class are pretty new to knitting these projects are super-simple and don't require taking a gauge. They do teach some additional techniques like knitting in the round, simple increases and decreases, and sewing up small knitted sections. I'm kind of taken aback by how excited I am to teach these classes. Maybe it's that they're outside my usual purview and feel fresh and new because of that. Maybe, it's because I'll be working with a different group of students than those who take the sewing classes. Whatever the reason I'm getting a huge kick out of making the samples and really looking forward to teaching these classes.

5 comments:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

What a great change for you for the winter. Aren't new babies wonderful in unexpected ways ?~! Happy 2012, Malka.

Sher said...

I hope we get to see some of your lessons on the blog! I'll be watching. Best of luck with the class.

James said...

Be strong! and don't forget to upload more pictures :)

generic ambien

Sandy K. said...

What fun. I'm one of those novices, who tried mittens a few times and realized my hands will never do what my mind tells them to:). I do scarves well, though! The act of knitting is soothing, I think. And a break from sewing. I'd love to see some of your samples!

Fibra Artysta said...

I really love these 30 day challenge posts! Wonderful! :)