Wednesday, September 19, 2007

C is for:

C is for coasters. I love making them. And the funny thing is I don't even own great furniture that I long to protect from sweaty glasses. I have a couple nice pieces, but on the whole, most of our stuff would probably be more visually interesting with a few well placed watermarks. Nevertheless, coasters make me smile. I think it's for the same reason I like making pillows. They're a perfect opportunity to try something without committing to a lot of time and effort. And there's that instant gratification thing as well. In an hour, I can have 4 pieced, backed and quilted coasters. That's pretty hard to beat. I'm thinking this constitutes the little things making a difference in my life or I'm just not getting out enough. Anyway, here is my latest but certainly not last set of coasters:
Plus some detail shots because c is also for camera(and close up).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say it again - I just love your coasters. Great work - as usual! ;) Mette

Anonymous said...

these are great, what a good use of tiny quilt-lets.

Anonymous said...

Adorable coasters! I am hoarding a piece of that owl fabric.

Love the alphabet idea, too!

Unknown said...

oohing and aahhhh-ing at your AMAZING work. I like the implied lines from your stitches. This is the most original art I have seen in a very long time!!!