Tuesday, August 2, 2011

a stitch in color :: preview project #2

How long did you think it was going to take me to make a garment with my new fabric? I love sewing clothes, especially for myself, so making something to wear with these fabrics was definitely on the short list of to-dos.
Like the Shoo-Fly pillow, I used a tried and true pattern and I am super happy with the results.
That's not me modeling the dress, but my 17-year old. She's pretty cute, huh? 
There are four women/teenagers living at my house and we all wear the same size, but I'm the shortest of the bunch, so this dress isn't quite as mini on my 5' 3" frame as it is on her 5' 9" frame.
I'm planning on making a fabric flower to adorn this dress using a tutorial from my newest sponsor, Fancy Schmancy Tutorials. Look for that this Thursday and get your fingers ready to comment on that post as Jeni is giving away four tutorials to four lucky winners.

7 comments:

Gill said...

This looks gorgeous!

The AfterCraft said...

Super cute!!

Anonymous said...

It's very cute. But what is the pattern? I think your link is wrong.

Yael said...

This is a very beautiful dress - and girl! :-)
Wonderful fabric!

Teeeeeena said...

A summery hat from one of your same line will go super duper with the cute dress!

An aWeSoMe fabric line... I cannot wait for it for 2012?

susan said...

very nice...i am hoping my fav quilt shop in marquette will carry your stuff. i am going to tell her about them. will you still do your hand dyes still or just design new fabrics fr moda? the pillow is great too.

india flint said...

sweet dress
oh
to be seventeen again...