Monday, March 4, 2013

Half Moon Rising Hobo Bag

Oh my, 450 eager sewers vying for Simple Marks fabric! Thank goodness for Random.org. in selecting a winner.

And, our winner is:
Jenny Larking said...I love the Simple Marks range. They are so vibrant.

Yay! Jenny, please email me at malka@stitchindye.com with you home address and I'll get those fat quarters to you lickety split.

Announcing a winner is super fun, but today is doubly great because I have another announcement to make. I actually came to find out about this somewhat by accident. Several months ago, I was contacted by the talented Tricia Waddell, former editor of Stitch Magazine, and all around creative gal, asking if I would contribute a bag design to her upcoming book. Now Tricia is one of my favorite people in this business and has always been so supportive of my work. In fact, I've never deleted a particular email she once sent me and often turn to it when I need a little professional boost. So, you can imagine, that I was very excited to be a part of her project. Anyway, long story semi-short, I created a hobo-style patchwork bag, wrote up the instructions, and sent both off to Tricia for inclusion in her book. I didin't give that project much thought until last week when I was flipping through the catalog for QuiltCon and saw an advertisement for this book:
Not only was I happy to be reminded of the project, but I was thrilled to discover that my bag is on the cover. Yes, that is my Half Moon Rising Hobo Bag on the cover! The Best of Stitch Bags to Sew is slated for release in early May and I hope that some of you get the chance to check it out and make some of the projects included. I, for one, am excited to craft some new bags as well as get this one back for use this summer.

10 comments:

Jenny L said...

Thank you so much Malka. I have emailed you. This is a delightful surprise.

Domestic Bliss said...

Congratulations! That looks like a fabulous (and useful) bag. I'm going to keep an eye out for the book.

christine said...

I love bags and yours looks just great
Thanks for sharing

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Amazingly gorgeous; your fabric rocks my boat each and every time I see it.

Rosa said...

congratulations.Your bag looks gorgeous!!

Esch House Quilts said...

Congrats! It looks like the perfect summer bag :)

Emilou said...

Malka, wow, you deserve a congratulations too, along with the winner. Love your half moon bag.

Bonnie James said...

I love totes. I have several and use them all the time. Your cover bad is very beautiful.

Rebecca King said...

Very lovely bag on the book cover. I have some totes that I use often.

ChrisW Designs said...

Congratulations! You must be THRILLEd....especially to be on the cover! Well done!
Christine
ChrisW Designs