Wednesday, May 6, 2009

It's not about the pictures

Really. This post is to let you all know about a new flickr group I've started to celebrate Mini Quilt Monday. Check it out here and, if you're interested, I'd love for you to join. There are already quite a few terrific little quilts in the group which makes me so happy. Also, I managed to navigate the process of creating the group which actually wasn't that complicated, but I'm still semi-amazed I didn't screw it up.
These pictures have absolutely nothing to do with the post, but I'm seriously averse to posting without images. Nine times out of ten when I visit other blogs, I enjoy all the pictures before I ever stop to read the text.


This fabric was hung out to dry yesterday and and looked so pretty on the line that despite its wrinkles I took some pictures of it.


Then today I crafted some of it into a pair of pillow covers for my shop .

10 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love that fabric and it looks great in the pillow.

Deb said...

Lovely fabric!

Lorna said...

Where do you possibly get all of the time to make all of your wonderful things??? Fabric on the line yesterday, pillow quilted and put together today? You are an amazing woman!

Chveya said...

Wow, I just can't get over how quick you are! It takes me so long to bring an idea into the world. That is a wonderful pillow.

Terriaw said...

Yay for the mini quilt flickr group. I need to get in on that one of these Mondays.

I love the fabric you featured today! It sounds like a fun process to do. Such cool colors and pattern.

Andi said...

Love it all, even the crinkles. Especially the crinkles, in fact.
You're a wonder!!
Andi :-)

Cheryl Arkison said...

Well, I wish I'd seen this before I placed my order the other night!

Kris said...

I love your photos. They are so surprising! The dots look tiny on the fabric, but large on the cushions! Talk about relativity!

Sunshine said...

Those pillows are AWESOME! The quilting is the cream on top of the cake :) How it pops, like push buttons!

Cheers,
Christine

http://cuttingedgequilt.blogspot.com/

Amanda M. said...

It's beautiful - the fabric and the pillow! And the stitching you did pulls it all together fabulously!