Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Richard's Shirt Repeat

About a year ago, I posted about making my friend, Richard, a shirt out of some of my hand dyed fabric. Well, I'm thinking that this could be an annual event because I've made him a second shirt.


Everyone, this is Richard and his new shirt. One of the things I like about sewing for him is that he's not afraid to wear bold colors and prints. The pattern for the shirt is the same as the one I made him a year ago. Then, though, I hadn't thought to arrange a little photo shoot so that he could model his shirt.


These shots were taken yesterday morning after swim practice. He and I swim on the same USMS (United States Masters Swimming) team. His smile and probably mine are because the photographs were taken after practice. Everyone's always a little cheerier on the other side of the workout.

18 comments:

connie said...

This is a very cool shirt. I love the fabric!

PrairiePeasant said...

Gorgeous! I wonder if my hubby would wear something so bright?

*karen said...

I don't swim, but this made me smile :o)

linda p said...

wow, it's gorgeous! he's lucky to have a friend like you. and it is fun to dress other people, especially when they let you do whatever you want. :)

Janet said...

He's a bold man. Most couldn't handle it. Its a great shirt and he must be a special friend.

Andi said...

Cool shirt!
Cool model too!
Andi :-)

Terriaw said...

What a cool shirt! I love the colors, which look great on Richard. Sounds like fun to have a friend like this.

Helen said...

Lucky guy!

Cheryl Arkison said...

Yeah for swimmers! A former competitive swimmer here, and sometimes Masters swimmer.

Cheryl Arkison said...

I forgot my question, did you dye it before or after you made it?

Unknown said...

a great model...in a great shirt !!

Carrot Top Studio said...

What an awesome shirt!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

ha! love it! so fun!

Harmony Hopes Studio said...

That Richard is some lucky to have you as a friend.

MandMStudio said...

I love it and it looks great on him:)

Thea said...

This is an awesome shirt! I only just discovered your blog and as a fellow fabric designer, I love your fabrics and that you hand-make them.

Unknown said...

Good for you - swimming! I swam for 17 yrs growing up and tried the masters team in my area (Co.) but at the time I had 3 little ones and I didn't have the enery! The shirt's stellar, too.

Amanda Jean said...

oh, i love it!!!