Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wanted: Guinea Pigs

Not the real kind. I actually have two Chinchillas that live in my house so I don't need any more rodents in my life. I mean sewing guinea pigs.
I'm working on a new quilt pattern and I'd like to ask a few of you skilled sewers to review the pattern for me and, if you'd like, sew a version of the quilt. You don't have to sew up the pattern to review it, just make sure that the directions make sense.
In return for your hard work and sage advice, you'll get the first draft PDF of the pattern and, eventually, the final draft PDF for free.
 I should warn you that this is a pretty large quilt measuring 69" x 69", so those who might want to sew the top as part of the review process should be aware of that.
 If you're interested, please email me directly at malka@stitchindye.com for additional details.

Edited to add: Wow! Eager beavers, I means guinea pigs. I have all the testers I need. Thanks everyone!

12 comments:

floribunda said...

I'd love to do it -- (I'm always a stickler for good directions!

DK said...

I'd love to also (and I would totally make up the quilt as part of the process)

Vivika said...

I had to laugh when I saw your title... we lived in CA for a while and had a wonderful housekeeper named Canciano who was from Peru. One day he saw the guinea pig we were babysitting and was all excited. "Delicious!" he said... a real delicacy. My daughter's friend didn't want us to take care of her pet after that ;-).

Nice pattern, and a good idea to have people try it out for you.

Kristine said...

I make a good proof reading guinea pig as I'm detail oriented and a logical thinker. I'm also away from my studio and sewing distractions for a few days so could review for you by the weekend. The quilt looks magnificent, by the way.

Patricia said...

I know you will get lots of offers of assistance---but I'd love to reveiw your pattern. I love BIG quilts, in fact, this one is a little small :c) Look forward to hearing from you!

Bellgirl said...

If you need any more guinea pigs I'd love to do it! I have worked as a proofreader and editor for a web design company, and sew quilts: http://bellgirl.com.au/p/my-quilts.html

Meadowlark said...

Heck, I'd read it for fun... I don't quilt (yet, sewing machine on it's way!) and certainly don't think something so big will ever be in my future.

That said, I'm picky, difficult and wouldn't bother being "nice" just to keep you happy. You can donate my eventual copy to somebody needy if you'd like.

Unknown said...

i'd be glad to help- and i'd love love love to make one to test the pattern! let me know!

Kelly Casanova said...

Just as well you got your guinea pigs - I'm not that brave yet!

patty a. said...

If you need any more help let me know. I have review pattern before and I find it interesting work.

Sewhappy said...

Shame that you filled all that you needed as I would love to read it for you and even make one. If you are looking for some one some other time feel free to contact me.

susan said...

i just saw this, i would love to try this out if you still need "quinea pigs". i would probablhy use my own hand dyes. let me know is you need me or not. i am in austin right now, actually round rock. i would love to meet you is you have the time. let me know. my cell is 906 282 0208. i am visiting with my son and his lovely wife, i just love her!
susan