Monday, February 3, 2014

My Grandma Just Got Bigger

That's my Grandmother's Flower Garden variation block, not my actual grandma.
I crafted these blocks out of my From Outside In stripey prints and a cream colored solid.
Initially, I designed this quilt to be pieced as a series of hexagons, but then I started thinking about ease of construction.
And I realized that, though they'd always "read" as hexagons, the pieces could be put together as triangles. Way easier, people.
And then the rows could make blocks and so on.
Add a little straight line machine quilting and...
My Grandma just got supersized super easy!

3 comments:

Hilary Florence said...

Really admire your accurate piecing Malke (hope I got your name right). Great colour choice too.
Hilary Florence

Cindy Sharp said...

Very fun idea.

Leanne said...

This is a wonderful take on the traditional block, how fun.