Wednesday, February 5, 2014

What I'm Working on Wednesday

Thank goodness the words "what" and Wednesday" both start with a W. Makes coming up with a cute title so much easier. Of course things are really streamlined because I'm actually going to post about what I'm currently working on, but having a snappy title doesn't hurt.
This is what's on my wall lately:
Actually, it's already off my wall, completely pieced, and in the process of being quilted, but that's beside the point.
I'm calling this The Boyfriend Quilt. Guess why? He doesn't read my blog, so no need to worry.
Anyway, it's for him...and you.
I should backtrack a little here.
I love setting up challenges for myself. For instance, my New Year's Resolutions this year included at least two challenges: 12 books in 12 months (not really all that challenging for many, but I sometimes find it hard to make time to read) and 13 half-marathon races in 13 months (13 because a half-marathon is 13.1 miles. BTW- February will mark #4 because I started this challenge last November).
Anyway, you get the picture. Challenges+ Me = Love.
What does this have to do with this quilt? Well, one of my challenges this year was to design 12 quilts in...any guesses? Yep, 12 months. And, I'm not just supposed to be designing these guys, but writing up the patterns.
So far, so good, but this is just pattern #1. I'm thinking it will be ready for release at the end of the month.
That's when things will really start heating up as, according to my little challenge, I should have another ready to release within a month of that.
Oy, why do I come up with these things?!

3 comments:

Kat said...

I love this quilt!

house on hill road said...

you go, girl.

Jaye said...

I found more time to read when I started listening to audiobooks. I love them and gorge on them now. Try it!