Friday, February 14, 2014

The Boyfriend Gets Quilted

First off, I'd like to thank the folks who picked up the scrap and charm bundles I had in my shop. I'll be adding more in the days and weeks to come and am also planning on adding new patterns in new color ways, but exclusively as fat quarters. I'll chat about that more in Monday's post, but the idea came to me the other day while I was dyeing some fabric and I'm pretty jazzed about it.
Today's post is all about this:
and this:
Isn't that beautiful?
I sent this quilt top out to a local long armer and she did an amazing job. I knew I wanted it quilted very closely and I was just blown away by the texture that the closely spaced, straight line quilting created.
I'm currently in the midst of binding it and writing instructions for the pattern, so look for that, the pattern, by the end of the month.
I can say that with confidence because it's set to be gifted by then and I'm about to start working on the second in my 12 x 12 series( remember? 12 quilts and patterns in 12 months)
Have a most wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Dolly said...

Awesome texture ! Did the close quilting make this one stiff? I like the look, but wonder about the feel. What type of batting did you have her use?

thanks !

Annabellouise said...

I love your use of colour. Just what is needed on a dreary, rainy day in London.

house on hill road said...

it is gorgeous! nice work, malka.